The day

Posted on 2007-09-10. Filed under: Life |

has been soooo long. I never got any sleep this morning so that wasn’t a great way to start. I got a fair amount done today – only 43 things left from 102 (yep – the frog was defenestrated!).

I made some progress on a project that keeps getting stalled by the customer. They want us to do the work but to do the work means they’ll be out of operation for an hour or so and they don’t want to commit to that.

My business partner and I had a good conference call this afternoon with our web guy and our marketing woman regarding the nationwide rollout. No real clear answer to what we discussed but at least I now feel that they understand the questions I have and realize they’re valid questions. We have another conference call tomorrow afternoon with one of our vendors and we’re gonna have our web guy sit in to get his input. Just have a few medium wrinkles to iron out in order to move this to BETA testing!!! I love it when a plan comes together.

I got to spend an hour this afternoon at a beautiful brand new baseball complex in Cary right of Hwy 55 (Green Hope School Rd?). We’ll be taking care of the facility’s technology needs.

Afterwards, I felt so rushed – just not enough time. It didn’t help that the late afternoon is when I catch up on sleep when I don’t get any the night before. I had to come home, change clothes, run B to her job, take G to soccer practice and have no idea which of the 15 million teams on the field were his (this was a time when my gift of discernment came in handy – I got them on the third try and they were as far aways from where I entered the field as you could get – I just had a feeling!), ran him & I back home and ordered pizzas, took some pain medicine for my right knee and my shoulder/neck, tried to figure out why the TV/satellite wasn’t working, ate, and ran back to pick up B from work. And it’s now 10:10 PM.

I’m gonna watch an hour of TV and have some Peanut Butter Delight. I wish I had had more time to spend with G today (and that the time I had with him wasn’t so full of pain for myself – could barely move with my neck/shoulder like this and therefore couldn’t play with him like he wanted me to do).

I got to speak with my sister this afternoon. I had some meaningful conversations with my son in the truck today. And this evening I had a heart-to-heart talk with my father-in-law. I’m just trying to be me as honestly as I can be me so that they know what’s going on in my life.

I thought some deep thoughts today – scary when I’ve had so little rest. Tomorrow’s another busy day but hopefully I can get some sleep tonight.

OK – enough whining/venting/whatever…

Here’s to another mark on the wall…

Make a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Liked it here?
Why not try sites on the blogroll...

%d bloggers like this: